- [Feature] #415: Allow organisers to trigger a password reset for team members.
- [Feature]: Allow organisers to configure which of the default CfP fields to request and require. Please check your settings after updating, as the migration is not guaranteed to work as expected.
- [Feature]: Schedules now feature a sidebar navigation to jump directly to a selected day.
- [Feature]: Schedules now contain a search bar to filter talks by title or speaker.
- [Feature]: For organisers, the submission/talk API endpoints now contain the question answers given by the speakers.
- [Feature]: Instead of setting a flag somewhere, pretalx now has an explicit “go live” button. There is also a corresponding signal plugins can listen to (please refer to the plugin documentation for further information).
- [Feature] #149: Allow to order questions manually.
- [Feature] #149: Allow to order rooms manually.
- [Feature]: The event logo is displayed larger and up to the full width of the document below. Please check that your event still looks as intended after upgrading.
- [Feature]: French translation
- [Feature]: When linking to a talk on social media, the talk image is now shown.
- [Feature] #408: You can now add minimum or maximum length restrictions to abstracts, descriptions, speaker biographies, and all text-based questions.
- [Feature] #474: The review dashboard now features the same search and filter options as the submission list.
- [Feature] #214: The schedule editor shows warnings on scheduling conflicts, including live feedback on where a talk can be placed.
- [Feature]: Before releasing a new schedule, the user is now shown any warnings and what the public changelog will look like.
- [Feature] #240: When using paper cards to build a schedule, each card comes with a QR code link to a quick scheduling form for that submission.
- [Feature]: You can now use your authentication token to access all pages you have access to, not only the API. This makes integration of exports much easier.
- [Feature]: The sneak peek / is_featured flag is now shown in the submissions and talk API endpoints.
- [Feature]: The submission list now includes a graph of submissions over time.
- [Feature]: Present a public list of talks and a list of speakers.
- [Feature]: Organisers can now also reset the password for the speakers they have access to.
- [Feature] #492:: In exports, HTTP Etags are now supported to allow for more aggressive caching on clients.
- [Feature] #454:: As an organizer, it is now possible to send an email to all reviewers in the Compose Mail section.
- [Feature] #213: A human-readable time until the CfP closes is now displayed next to the end time.
- [Bug] #451: Don’t crash during
pretalx initif no conference organiser slug is given.
- [Bug] #463: Don’t show a 404 error if a reviewer tries to review their own submission, but show an error message instead.
- [Bug]: Questions couldn’t be deleted, only made inactive.
- [Bug] #473: Following the revamp of team permissions, override votes could no longer be configured. This has been corrected, and the general handling of override votes was improved.
- [Bug] #478: The behaviour of pressing enter in multi-step forms was unintuitive in some places.
- [Bug] #488: The HTML export contained media files (not other content) from all conferences on an instance, instead of only the exported conference.
- [Bug]: If a review question was mandatory while submission questions were active, they would block the submission process.
- [Bug]: : The schedule import in the organiser backend never worked (while the manage command for administrators did work).
- [Bug] #503: Not all current TLDs were used when processing markdown input to build links.
- [Bug] #500:: Display of times could be off in the static HTML export.
- [Bug] #505:: Custom CSS may now also include media queries.
- [Bug] #501:: When a speaker held more than two talks, their related talks were not linked correctly.
- [Bug]: : When a submission was removed that contained an answered (multiple-) choice question, the selected answer option was removed, too.
- [Support]: We now have tests to make sure all config options and plugin hooks are documented.
- [Support]: pretalx now doesn’t support usernames any longer – as email addresses were already required for accounts, they are now the only means of logging in. This may confuse a few users – as an administrator, you can look up users’ email addresses if they don’t remember them, or change them, if necessary.
- [Support]: All manage commands available in pretalx are now included in the documentation.
- [Support]: The URLs for schedule exports have changed from /myevent/schedule/export?exporter=exportername to /myevent/schedule/export/exportername – if you have hardcoded links to schedule exporters, please update them accordingly.
- [Bug]: A one-character-oversight led to issues with the new navigation search with certain user permissions.
- [Bug]: The new read-only links for submissions received the same secret token when migrating the database. No data was leaked as this made using the read-only links impossible. When upgrading to the next release, all read-only link addresses will be reset.
- [Feature]: The API now exports links to submission images and speaker avatars.
- [Feature]: Organisers can configure a list of talks to be shown as “sneak peek” before the first schedule is released.
- [Feature]: Submitters can share a submission via a read-only link.
- [Feature]: There is now a navigation search, allowing you to go directly to a range of useful pages.
- [Feature]: Some more context sensitive dashboard tiles were added, for example a countdown to the CfP end.
- [Feature]: You can now configure the configuration file to be read with the
- [Feature] #128: An event’s schedule is now available even if the browser has no internet connection, provided it has opened the schedule previously.
- [Feature] #430: To maintain compatability with frab xml exports, a
<url>tag was added to the schedule xml export.
- [Bug]: An issue resulting in an empty HTML export was fixed.
- [Bug]: HTML exports failed if a talk was canceled.
- [Bug]: When accessing a confirmation link unauthenticated, a 404 page was shown instead of a login page.
- [Bug]: The API always showed the speaker biography as empty.
- [Bug] #441: The “Mark speaker arrived” button is now only shown during and slightly before the event.
- [Bug] #446: If an event had a custom domain configured, absolute urls would still use the instance’s default domain.
- [Bug]: Removing a speaker from a submission could be impossible if their nick contained special characters.
- [Bug] #444: If two organisers set a submission to ‘accepted’ at roughly the same time, two acceptance emails were put into the outbox.
- [Bug] #443: (UI) The button colors when changing submission states were very unintuitive.
- [Bug]: When trying to register a user with a nick that already existed in a different capitalization, pretalx failed to show a clear error message.
- [Support]: Add clever release notes.
- [Support]: Provide better upgrade documentation for administrators.
- [Bug] #431: Accepted, but unconfirmed talks were listed as “Other talks” publicly once the speaker had confirmed one talk and the first schedule was released.
- [Bug]: The “Copy to draft” button was missing when viewing a sent email.
- [Feature]: Since different events have different needs, organisers can now choose if submission abstracts, descriptions, and speaker biographies are required for their event.
- [Feature]: You can now send mails from templates and use shortcuts from submissions to send mails to specific speakers.
- [Feature]: To avoid running into issues when uploading custom CSS, and ensuring smooth operations, custom colors and CSS is not used in the organiser area anymore.
- [Feature]: pretalx now has a concept of organisers and teams.
- [Feature]: Organisers can make more changes to speaker profiles and submissions to ease event administration.
- [Feature]: The general look and feel and colorscheme has been improved.
- [Feature]: The frab compatible xml was improved by using correct UUIDs, and includes an XML comment with a pretalx version string.
- [Feature]: New plugin hook:
pretalx.submission.signals.submission_state_changeis triggered on any state change by a submission.
- [Bug]: If an organiser changed a speaker’s email address, they could assign an address already in use in the pretalx instance, resulting in buggy behaviour all around.
- [Bug]: There was no possibility to reset a user’s API token.
- [Bug]: The API showed talks to organisers if no schedule had been released yet. It did not show the information to unauthorised users.
- [Bug] #375: Speakers could see their submission in the orga backend, but could access no information they did not put there themselves.
- [Feature]: Allow to filter question statistics by speaker status.
- [Feature] #348: Organisers can now show information snippets to submitters, or speakers.
- [Feature]: Individual directories for logs, media, and static files can now be configured via environment variables.
- [Feature] #352: There are now optional review deadlines, preventing reviews to be added, modified, or removed after a certain date.
- [Feature]: Reviewers can now also be asked custom questions during their review, with all capabilities that speaker questions have.
- [Feature] #294: Speakers can now upload an image that will be displayed next to their talk information.
- [Feature] #318: The list of submissions is now better searchable.
- [Feature] #93: Organisers can provide room-based information for speakers, which will be provided in emails about talk scheduling.
- [Feature] #340: Organisers can now decide if reviewers should be required to submit a score or a text with their review.
- [Feature]: pretalx now features a Plugin API, allowing to install custom plugins. Plugins can add their own exporters, and hook into various plugin hooks to be expanded over the course of this year. Plugins can be enabled or disabled per event. Documentation can be found here: https://docs.pretalx.org/en/latest/developer/plugins/index.html
- [Bug]: The orga view now always uses the event timezone.
- [Bug] #300: The Docker setup was broken. It is fixed, and a notice of limited support was added to the documentation.
- [Bug]: Upgrading the privileges of an existing user did not result in an email, since no invitation was required.
- [Bug]: Unconfirmed talks showed up as empty boxes in the schedule editor.
- [Bug]: Documentation fix: The environment variable for database passwords is
- [Bug]: In the <title> tag, the event was displayed twice, once properly and once in a technical representation.
- [Bug] #333: Users could not see (instead not change) their submissions after CfP end, until they were either rejected or accepted.
- [Bug] #341: The “save” button was missing on the mail settings page.
- [Bug] #344: In the dashboard, an incorrect link was given to add new reviewers.
- [Feature] #325: All forms are instantly editable if you are allowed to edit them, and disabled otherwise. No more need to click “Edit”!
- [Feature] #320: You can now choose different deadlines per submission type, overriding the default deadline.
- [Feature]: You can choose a pattern for the header hero strip in your event color.
- [Feature]: The rebuild command now supports a –clear flag to remove all static assets prior to the rebuild.
- [Feature]: There is an init command for project setup. Currently it only adds the initial user, but in time it should ask for basic configuration, aswell.
- [Feature] #292: We added a new team management interface to manage all team members and permissions in one place.
- [Feature] #322: You may now import XML files to release a new schedule.
- [Feature]: There is now a page in the organiser area listing and linking all currently possible data exports in one export page.
- [Bug] #329: Users always saw the default submission type instead of their chosen one.
- [Bug] #327: We removed the unused max_duration property of submission types.
- [Bug]: Frontend password validation was broken, and never displayed interactive password statistics. This was a display issue only.
- [Bug] #259: When running pretalx as (in-application) superuser, permission issues could arise. pretalx now warns and offers to migrate the account to an administrator account.
- [Bug]: The schedule export could change project settings, requiring pretalx to be restarted to reset the settings. This could be avoided by unchecking “Generate HTML export on schedule release”.
- [Bug]: Leaving an optional choice question empty resulted in a server error.
- [Bug]: Re-introduce support for the documented
- [Bug]: Make various 404 errors more helpful.
- [Feature]: The speaker biography is now shown in submissions in the API endpoint.
- [Feature]: There is now an API for speakers.
- [Feature] #67: Visitors can download an ical file containing all talks of a single speaker.
- [Feature] #243: Speakers can now be marked as “arrived”.
- [Bug]: If notifications about new submissions were turned on, they were sent to the submitter instead of the organizer.
- [Bug]: Trying to look at entered submissions without being logged in produced a server error instead of a 404.
- [Bug]: More than one event stage could be shown as active.
- [Bug]: Non-superusers could not access the email sending form.
- [Bug]: Somebody who was reviewer first could not be added to the organizer team.
- [Bug]: Inviting somebody twice did not issue a second invitation object.
- [Bug]: Reviewers could not view speaker pages.
- [Feature] #122: Added better meta tags, which leads to better display in social media.
- [Bug]: When adding a submission in the orga backend with an orga user as speaker, the orga user did not receive a speaker profile.
- [Bug]: URLs were always generated with ‘localhost’ as their host.
- [Bug]: Reviewers could not be removed from their team.
- [Bug]: When clicking the “Save & next” button when reviewing, an internal error was encountered after the review was saved.
- [Bug]: Review team invitations sometimes failed, resulting in useless invitation objects.
- [Bug] #288: Choice questions could not be deleted as long as they still had answer options.
- [Bug] #289: Inactive questions could not be deleted (making them active first worked as a workaround).
- [Feature]: A read only REST API was introduced. At the moment, it only supports resources for events and submissions.
- [Feature] #156: You can assign “override votes” to reviewers, which function like vetos (both positive and negative), on an individual basis.
- [Feature] #171: You can now configure a custom domain to use with your event, in case you have an event specific domain for each of your events.
- [Feature] #78: We moved to a new permission system that allows for more flexible roles. Please report any bugs that may relate to incorrect permissions.
- [Feature] #233: Questions may now be marked as ‘answers contain personal data’. Answers of these questions are deleted when users delete their accounts.
- [Feature] #207: Question answers now receive a nice evaluation, aggregating all given answers.
- [Feature]: A
rebuildcommand was introduced that recompiles all static assets.
- [Feature] #38: pretalx can now be configured to run with celery (an asynchronous task scheduler) for long running tasks and tasks like email sending. A new config section was added, and usage has been documented.
- [Feature] #210:, [Feature] #195: The review interface has been rewritten to include fewer pages with more information relevant to the user, dependent on event stages and their role in the event.
- [Feature] #209: Speakers can now upload files which will be shown on their talk page.
- [Feature] #208: You can now ask questions that take an uploaded file as an answer.
- [Feature] #215: Mail template placeholders are now validated so that templates including invalid placeholders cannot be saved at all.
- [Feature] #126: You can now choose to hide the public schedule (including talk pages and speaker pages, but excluding feedback pages and the schedule.xml export)
- [Feature] #159: E-mails are now sent with a multipart/HTML version, featuring the mail’s text in a box, styled with the event’s primary color.
- [Bug] #287: The default submission type was not, in fact, suggested by default.
- [Bug]: The event stage display could show several conflicting phases as active.
- [Bug]: In some places, gravatar images of the visiting user were shown instead of the speaker.
- [Bug]: Inactive questions (questions not shown to speakers) could not be edited.
- [Bug]: When removing the custom event color, and then adding it again, caching issues could be encountered.
- [Bug]: If an account was configured to be both an orga member and a reviewer, it encountered access rights issues.
- [Bug]: When building absolute URLs for exports, emails, and RSS feeds, ‘localhost’ was used instead of the actual configured URL.
- [Bug] #304: pretalx crashed when an incorrect invite key was used, now it shows a 404 page.
- [Bug]: The default value for email SSL usage is now
False, permitting the default configuration of
localhost:25to work on more machines out of the box.